This Korean dish is a mixture of sauteed and raw vegetables over steamed rice. We added our roasted Aketta crickets and an egg for a nice hearty serving of protein in a gluten-free dish.
- 1/2 cup steamed rice (white, jasmine, or brown)
- 1/4 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup zucchini, julienned
- 1/4 cup yellow squash, julienned
- 1/4 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup mushrooms (shiitake, baby portabella, or button)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup roasted Aketta plain or spiced with ginger and sea salt)
- 1 tablespoon red chili paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg (fried or raw)
Stone bowl, or heavy oven safe bowl
Warm the stone bowl in an oven that has been heated to 225 F, for about 10 minutes.
While the bowl is warming up, add sesame oil to sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, mushrooms and spinach and saute till the mushrooms are just slightly soft, and the ginger and garlic are aromatic.
Carefully remove the bowl from the oven and line the inside of it with the steamed rice. Arrange your vegetables, sprouts, mushrooms, Aketta, and egg, and top with red chili paste. Stir everything together right before eating. If using a raw egg in this recipe, the heat of the bowl, rice, and sautéed spinach, and mushrooms will only partially cook the egg. The egg yolk gives it a nice rich flavor.
- See more at: http://www.aketta.com/recipes/bibimbap.aspx#sthash.jlgeVzoG.dpuf